Zenit Kazan of Russia will meet Bolivar of Argentina for the first time in the FIVB Volleyball Men's Club World Championship
Lodz, Poland, December 12, 2017 – Russia’s Zenit Kazan will face Argentina’s Bolivar in their first ever encounter in the FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship.
Quick links - Volleyball:
• Zenit Kazan and Personal Bolivar will meet for the first time at the men's club world championships.
• Zenit won their only previous meeting with an Argentine side in the competition: 3-0 versus UPCN in the 2015 semifinals.
•Bolivar beat Dynamo Moskva 3-1 in the 2010 group stage in their only previous club world championships meeting with a Russian side.
• Zenit Kazan will appear for the sixth time in the men's club world championships.
• Only Diatec Trentino (7) have participated in more editions of the men's club world championships. Sada Cruzeiro Vôlei will also make their sixth appearance this year.
• Zenit have claimed most podiums in the competition without winning a single title (4). They finished third in 2009 and 2011 and second in 2015 and 2016.
• The only Russian side that won the men's club world championships was Belogorie Belgorod in 2014.
• Zenit's last three defeats in the club world championships came against Sada Cruzeiro Vôlei, the finals in 2015 and 2016 and a group stage match last year.
• Bolivar will make their third appearance in the men's club world championships. They finished in fourth place in 2010 and 2016.
• The only other Argentine team that participated in the competition is UPCN who claimed two podium finishes in their four appearances: third in both 2014 and 2015.
• Bolivar won their seventh Argentinian championship in 2017 and their first since 2010. They beat UPCN in the final.
• They finished as runners-up to Brazilian side Sada Cruzeiro Vôlei at the 2017 South American Club Championship.