Skra Beltachow will protect the Polish winning streak against Asian sides, when they face newcomers Shanghai Golden Age of China in Pool B of the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Men's Club World Championship
Lodz, Poland, December 12, 2017 – Poland’s Skra Beltachow will go for an unbeaten run as they face newcomers Shanghai Golden Age of China in the FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship in Pool B.
• Skra Belchatow and Shanghai Golden Age will meet for the first time at the men's club world championships as the Chinese team are making their debut in the competition.
• Skra Belchatow are unbeaten in their club world championships meetings with teams representing the AVC. They beat Iranian Paykan Teheran twice and Qatari Al Arabi three times.
• Skra Belchatow will appear in the competition for the fourth time. They finished second in 2009 and 2010 after losing twice against Diatec Trentino in those finals. They claimed a third place in 2012.
• Only Zenit Kazan (4) have claimed more podiums in the competition without winning a single title than Skra (3).
• A Polish team has yet to win the competition. Jastrzebski Wegiel finished second in their only participation in 2011.
• Skra have only lost three matches at the club world championships, the finals in 2009 and 2010 against Diatec Trentino and their 2012 semifinal against Sada Cruzeiro Vôlei.
• Skra Belchatów finished a runners-up in the 2017 Polish Championships and 2017 Polish Cup, both to ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle who are also competing in this tournament.
Shanghai Golden Age
• Shanghai Golden Age are making their debut at the men's club world championships.
• They will be the first Chinese team to appear in the competition.
• The only teams representing the AVC to have claimed a podium finish in the competition are Qatari Al-Rayyan, second in 2014, and Iranian Paykan Teheran, third in 2010.
• Shanghai Golden Age have won 12 of the last 14 Chinese championships, including each of the last three.