Sada Cruzeiro Volei have never lost more than one of their first three matches in any preliminary round
Opole, Poland, December 14, 2017 – Brazil’s Sada Cruzeiro Volei are looking for a win against Poland’s Zaksa Kedzierzyn-Kozle to maintain their win-record in the first three matches in the preliminary round of the FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship.
• ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle and Sada Cruzeiro Volei will meet for the first time at the men's club world championships.
• Sada Cruzeiro Volei won their only previous meeting with a Polish side in the competition, a five-sets victory against Skra Belchatów in the 2012 semifinals.
• ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle followed up their victory against Sarmayeh Bank Teheran with a defeat in another thriller against Lube Civitanova. Both matches went to extra points in the deciding set.
• ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle is the first team from Poland to lose one of the first two matches in a men’s club world championship campaign. Until now, all Polish teams had won at their first three matches.
• Sam Deroo ended up as the top scorer for his team against Lube Civitanova with 25 points. With 46 total points, Deroo is joint top scorer after two days of competition (alongside Civitanova’s Tsvetan Sokolov).
Sada Cruzeiro Volei
• Sada Cruzeiro Volei recovered from Tuesday’s 3-0 defeat against Lube Civitanova by beating Sarmayeh Bank Teheran in straight sets on Wednesday.
• Sada Cruzeiro Volei are in their sixth men’s club world championship. The twice reigning champions have never lost more than one of their first three matches in any preliminary round.
• Yoandy Leal Hidalgo was the top scorer in the match against Sarmayeh Bank with 20 points, Robertlandy Simón Aties was the only Sada Cruzeiro Volei player with at least one spike, one stuff block and one serve winner (13-2-1) in this match.